Skip to main content

Winter Vibes: Poems About Seasons

 Free Verse

A free verse is a type of poetry where no rules are applied to write a poem. For instance types of poems such as ballads, blank verse, elegies, odes, soliloquies, and even limericks follows a distinct set of rules.

Free verse poems break the chains of strict rules, The rule of free verse is that there must not be rules!

It just up to you to write one, even you can create your own set of rules to write a piece of poetry.

typically a free verse;
  • doesn't follows any particular metrical pattern. (No usage trimeter, tetrameters, pentameters or any other).
  • doesn't follows any certain rhyme scheme. for instance, limericks follows are strict AABBA rhyme scheme while ballads follow a peculiar rhyme scheme which is ABCB.
  • doesn't limits to a particular  topic e.g elegies are written for the reflection on a death or loss while odes are written for the purpose of praising.
  • Contains number of stanzas depending upon the poets will.
  • contains lines in every stanza depending upon the poets choice.
  • Uses poetic devices such as Alliteration, Onomatopoeia, and imagery.
  • reflects on any type of topic such as love, fiction, emotions etc.
The following given below is an example of a free verse poem;


Winter Vibes

 

Moonlit valleys,
Candlelit cabins,
Foggy winter arrives,
And new cardigans...
 
Here it comes,
The killer of sweet summer,
The culprits are many,
So the  whispering winds murmur.
 
The arctic atmosphere,
The weeping willows sigh,
Dandelions take flight,
And the featured fellows bid goodbye.
 
A sip of hot tea,
Watching the drowning sun,
Wondering where it all went?
Bent in the wind or time turned.
 
Pale and lifeless terrain,
Long nostalgic nights,
Reading fairy tales and folklore,
Scent of burning wax in candlelight.
 
Though the metamorphosis of time,
Through we have a thousand reasons,
To be helpless and hopeless, unaware,
One gives life to another season.
 
When the autumn leaves fall,
Then the spring flowers bloom,
When the dusk shatters light,
Then the dawn scatters gloom.
 
Darkness effects euphoria causes,
Light is affected side to side with it so,
Seasons causes changes,
Changes are good vibes though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Born To Fly: 14 August Pakistan Independence Day Poem

Our beloved country Pakistan is the result of drive, dedication and determination of many courageous and keen leaders including Quaid-i-Azam, Allama Iqbal, and many more. 14th August marks the end of British rule and partition which lead to the freedom movement. At this day we owe our country and our leaders a farewell and and a million thanksgivings! Here you shall discover some of the new and best patriotic poetry and patriotic poems featuring the poem "Born To Fly" and many more for the wonderful occasion of Pakistan independence day 2021 . Born To Fly - 14 August Pakistan Independence Day Poem Pakistan Flag. We were restless under a red sky, As every instance took away our breath, With every tick our hopes would die, that life was chasing our death. But life was holding on for life, On the sharp edge of a blunt knife! Birth was a curse and so was living, Unborn hawks were unborn slaves, When life was meant only giving, And our muddy fortresses were open graves; Upon which...

I Am A Poet: Short Rhyming Poems About Being Yourself

We often ask ourselves questions such as; Who am I? Where did I came from? Why I was born? Why am I like this? What are my special powers? and so on. These are called the basic questions of life and such questions arise in our minds through our senses and curiosity to discover ourselves. The element that makes us humans special is that we ask questions about our existence and our surroundings. In a nutshell, striving for the answers of those questions sum the purpose of life and living! Keeping the discussion in context here you will discover the short rhyming poems about being yourself featuring the motivational poem "I am a poet" and many more. So, let's get going! I  Am A Poet: Short Rhyming Poems About Being Yourself I am a poet, A poet am I, Why am I a poet, I never knew why? I am a poet, About night I write, Afraid when even, The day is bright! I am a poet, Afraid to be, The voice that rings, Inside of me! I am a poet, With broken wings, A bird in cage, That still d...

A Bird In A Cage

A Bird In A Cage   Every dawn, My damp eyes open wide.   Would this be the day, I will be able to born a flight? Will this be the day, I waited for day and night?   Without a hesitation, I can mention, Their spiteful intentions. Perhaps they want me, To sing sweet songs, As long as, A never ending marathon.   I know, I was born to glow, Destined to sing sweet songs, But for real, I do not belong, To a steel made home, Suffering here all alone.   All my fears, All my tears, Living in my nightmares, It is not fair, I can’t bear.   They say; My fascinating features, Especially my vivid feathers, Make them blissful.   Why don’t they set me free, So they can see, What I actually meant to be, Flying up high in the sky.   All is lost, But I still hope; What-if they set me free, So I can flee, To the wild unseen.