Skip to main content

A Bird In A Cage


A Bird In A Cage

 

Every dawn,

My damp eyes open wide.

 

Would this be the day,

I will be able to born a flight?

Will this be the day,

I waited for day and night?

 

Without a hesitation,

I can mention,

Their spiteful intentions.

Perhaps they want me,

To sing sweet songs,

As long as,

A never ending marathon.

 

I know,

I was born to glow,

Destined to sing sweet songs,

But for real,

I do not belong,

To a steel made home,

Suffering here all alone.

 

All my fears,

All my tears,

Living in my nightmares,

It is not fair,

I can’t bear.

 

They say;

My fascinating features,

Especially my vivid feathers,

Make them blissful.

 

Why don’t they set me free,

So they can see,

What I actually meant to be,

Flying up high in the sky.

 

All is lost,

But I still hope;

What-if they set me free,

So I can flee,

To the wild unseen.

Comments